Welcome to our February Mirror Image Event with My Sweet Petunia, The Ton and So Suzy Stamps!
A year and a half ago, Iliana called me up and asked if we could figure out a Mirror Image Stamp that would work with the MISTI. We tried out several different styles of rubber and finally found the perfect style to work with both red rubber and photopolymer stamps.
This month we are going to be doing a bit of celebrating our wonderful Mirror Image Stamp with a month long celebration complete with prizes, inspiration and a fabulous collaboration with some of my favorite crafty friends!
Every day in the month of February, the design team members from My Sweet Petunia, The Ton and So Suzy Stamps will create a card using the Mirror Image Stamp. There will be blog posts, videos and a ton of instructions on how we all use the Mirror Image Stamp.
We will have the entire list with links to everyone's post on the So Suzy Stamps blog so you can come back and see the inspiration on a daily basis. We will also be sharing the cards on Facebook and Instagram, just in case you miss a blog post.
MIRROR IMAGE STAMP LIST
- Suzanne Moore
- Iliana Myska
- Effie Cho
- Justine Hovey
- Lydia Fiedler
- Terri Burson
- Ilina Crouse
- Nupur Priya
- Maureen Wong
- Tae Eun Yoo
- Cornelia Wenokor
- Martha Lucia
- Vera Yates
- Henriette Van Mierlo
- Kia Gibson-Clapper
- Mayline Jung
- Giada Rigamonti
- Ceal Pritchett
- Eunji Jung
- Josefine Fouarge
- Jeanne Streiff
- Customs Frustrations - No post for today
- Olesya Kharkova
- Emily Midgett
- Mirror Image Event Recap
- Winner List
As for the prizes, oh my! We have prizes from My Sweet Petunia, The Ton, So Suzy Stamps and Simply Charming Everyday.
- 3 - MISTI's in your choice of Original or Mini
- 4 - $25 Gift Certificates to The Ton
- 4 - $25 Gift Certificates to So Suzy Stamps
- 1 - Memory MISTI Tote
- 2 - Regular MISTI Covers
- 2 - Mini MISTI Covers
- 2 - Bunkie Bags
All you need to do, is comment on everyone's post throughout the month. We will be announcing the winners on February 28th.
What do you say we get this show started with our first Mirror Image Stamp card?
The Dancing Fairy is one of my favorite stamps and I just couldn't resist using her for this post. I have this cute little sentiment, "Leave room in your garden for fairies to dance" and by using the Mirror Image Stamp I was able to have Dancing Fairies!
- I started by stamping the fairy with on the right with my MISTI onto my white paper like normal.
- Then I removed the white paper and placed the Mirror Image Stamp in its place.
- Without moving the fairy stamp, I inked her up and stamped her onto the Mirror Image Stamp.
- I did it twice to make sure the black ink was good and inky.
- Next, I simply laid the white paper onto the Mirror Image Stamp and voila! I had dancing fairies!
The silhouette of the bottom fairy was from the back side of the paper and I loved out it looked!
- For the background of the image, I used my Whimsy Tree and stamped the tops of the tree onto the bottom of the white paper.
- And for the butterflies coming out of the fairies hands, I used the Blowing Butterflies and the Mirror Image Stamp.
- Once I had the images all stamped out, I pulled out the Perfect Plum, Highland Heather and Petunia Pink Ink Bites from our Peacock Plumes Ink Bite set and used a combination of sponges and Clarity Brushes.
- I used torn up pages of paper to get the different "hillsides" in the background and sponged over them.
- I wanted to add a few accents to the leaves branching up so I used my Gelly Roll White Gel Pen to add a few dots and outlines to my branches.
- The final step was to ink up the sentiment and place it on the front between the fairies.
If you want to see how to use the Mirror Image Stamp, we do have a video to show you the basics. It isn't for this card, but Justine does a great job at showing you how to use it for reflections!
Tomorrow, Iliana will be up on the blog making another card using the Mirror Image Stamp!